England Youth Fly Fishing Loch Style National 2019
Opportunity for young male and female anglers between the ages of 12-17 to become the English Youth National Champion in loch style fishing and to qualify to represent England Youth Fly Fishing in 2020.
The competition is open to anglers born:
- After 1st August 2002 but
- No later than 1st August 2007.
If you are under the minimum age limit you may still be able to enter, please contact Andy Taylor to discuss on email@example.com
Boats are available at a discounted rate for practice on Saturday 14th Sept. You should book these direct with the fishery and inform the fishery management you are practicing for the Youth National. Contact the fishery on 01480 810 531.
To view the selection policy for the 2020 team, please visit the EYF website page & scroll to the very bottom.Rules & Timetable
1 Day event
Max 30 anglers
Fishing 09:30 - 17:00
Session 1: 09:30 - 13:00
Session 2: 13:30 - 17:00
Tickets on sale from 10:00 Monday 8th July 2019
Ticket sales end 16:00 Thursday 12th September 2019
The event will be fished in 2 sessions with anglers scoring points in each session. Combined points after 2 sessions will provide a final result.
A maximum of 16 anglers from the event will qualify to join the England Youth Fly Fishing squad in the 2020 Youth International in Ireland.
The event is sponsored by Greys Fishing and competitors can expect to receive a goody bag with product supplied by Greys. There are a number of prizes up for grabs with the 1st, 2nd and the biggest fish being awarded prizes such as landing nets, fly boxes, fly lines and even rods and reels.
- Please ensure your date of birth is within the ranges shown above, this will ensure you are eligible to fish in the Youth International next year should you qualify.
- Please ensure you are familiar with the rules - they can be download from this page.
- You must have a valid EA Rod Licence on the day of the competition.
- The Angling Trust may take photographs and/or recorded images of the event and competitors. If you do not wish to participate please inform the event organiser prior to the event